Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015 LAST LETTER HOME!

June 1, 2015
Rio Das Ostras
Last Letter Home!

Dear Family and Friends, 


I am finished. 


I never seemed to completely imagine that this day would come. 

I remember so clearly the nights in the MTC laying on my bed and trying to picture and think about all the things that I was about to do as a missionary for 2 years.

What are my areas going to be like? Who are my companions going to be? What kind of people am I going to meet and help? How many people am I going to see getting baptized? What kind of changes are going to happen in my life?

I never would have been able to imagine it all the way that it happened. I am so grateful that I was able to go to the places that I went:

Vidor 2nd ward
Vidor 3rd ward
Maricá
Belford Roxo
Cabo Frio
Araruama
Rio Das Ostras 1
Cabo Frio again
Vila São Luiz
Anil
Rio Das Ostras 2

There was something special waiting for me in each area, and I even got to go back to 2 of them to learn even more lessons. I also got to make friends that I'm never going to forget.

Elder Mountain - Georgia
Elder Memea - Hawaii
Elder Wright - South Carolina
Elder Satele - Samoa
Elder Jones - Idaho
Elder L. Silva - Ceará
Elder Braun - Washington
Elder Reed - Florida
Elder Montoya - Colombia
Elder De Medeiros - Rio Grande Do Norte
Elder Call - Colorado
Elder Luque - Equador
Elder F. Leal - Pernambuco
Elder Cardoso - Rio Grande Do Sul
Elder J. Silva - Rio Grande Do Norte
Elder Nascimento - Alagoas

A lot of companions, I know, but they all taught me valuable life lessons as well. 

I'll have time when I get home to tell you about what happened this last week. 

I wanted to let all of you know that I am grateful to Heavenly Father for the privilege that I had to serve a mission, and especially in Houston and Rio. I am a better man. I understand the plan of salvation. I understand why I am here and what I need to do in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true.

I know.

I know that all who read, ponder, and ask God with a sincere heart will also receive this conviction. Everybody who is able to serve a mission needs to do it. It's be the best thing that you can do as a young man or woman. And then just pray that you get to serve in Rio de Janeiro, the best mission in the world.

I love all of you, I'll be seeing you shortly!

Elder Evans for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment