Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, October 7, 2013

10/7/13 Letter 'Still In Texas"


Hey familia. I know y'all have asked if I have gotten any more info about my VISA and travel, but just put all of those questions at ease - you know more than I do. If my paperwork gets in to President Crawford, I'll know like the week after it happens. I don't get told anything. So I'm still just working here in Vidor and waiting for something to happen basically.

But about my week, I got moved to the 3rd ward here in Vidor. I live in a member's guest house missionary nicknamed the Taj Mahal. It is massive for a mission apartment. It just stinks that we all have to sleep in the same room because there are 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an extra bedroom converted into a study room, a kitchen, and a big living room with 2 couches and 3 recliners. It's pretty sick.

My new companions are named Elder Jones from Idaho Falls, and Elder Satele from American Samoa. They are both goofballs. Especially Satele. I should be able to send pictures today, so I'll try to send like my whole memory card basically. I like being with them.

Either way, this area is a bike only area. bllleeeeeehhh. It stinks. But it's good cuz it's helping me to stay in shape. I'm glad I'm going to Brazil soon because being a missionary in Texas makes you FAT. It's gross! I don't even like all the barbecue and burgers I'm getting fed. These people need to go to KC and learn how to barbecue. I guess it just proves that everything is better in Kansas. Which reminds me of how flippin often people tell me "you're not in Kansas anymore" line. It's ridonkulous.

If I do end up staying until Saturday, I'll have another baptism under my belt. It's the same investigator that we have been stuck at for 3 hours at a time. So it wouldn't be too bad. I just hope I get a call from President letting me at least know when I fly out. I just read all of the emails from the missionaries from my MTC district who left on the same day that I was supposed to a week ago. So that's neat for them. I found out that my Pres. down there doesn't speak English at all. Which is funny because I don't speak Portuguese! It's been way long since I was able to hear someone speak the language, so it's going to be a massive shock to my brain.

Well I hope that all y'all are doing good. Good luck to Dad for your job interview, hope it all goes well! Good luck to you Mom with everything that you do! Happy Birthday Landon! Have fun and enjoy it.

Oh and what about that General Conference!! Talk about a spiritual smackdown! That was the best conference I've ever watched, and apparently it was the best that President Monson has too. I took a bunch of notes. Conference is way awesome as a missionary. Our schedule on Saturday was eat, conf., eat, conf., eat, conf., sleep. It was so relaxing and uplifting. There were many good messages. There was a trend to be talking about gender roles and equality, but also the atonement and repentance, enduring to the end, and for sure keeping the commandments. It was good. I don't have my notes with me and don't remember a whole lot without them, but I loved Bednar's talk on tithing, Uchtdorf's talk about repentance and getting back up when you fall (might have been priesthood session), and the whole Sunday morning session. Can't wait for the ensign to come out for this one.
Well I'm going to start sending some pictures! Love Y'all
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment