Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, October 7, 2013

9/30/13 Letter From Texas



So a lot of stuff has changed this last week and it has honestly been pretty stupid. Besides going to the temple on Wednesday and then having a double baptism on Saturday

So I found out from the APs on Wed. that my flight was actually on Monday, today, at 6 PM. So that was exciting and we were getting stoked and I was all ready to leave. And then transfer calls come around (the APs call on Friday if you are getting flushed from an area, they call on Sat if one of you is leaving, and President calls on Sunday if you are getting a leadership position your next transfer) On Friday the APs called to tell us that both Elder Memea and Wright would be leaving the area, and then that I was going to be picked up Sunday afternoon by President and taken to Kingwood to the mission home. But literally as we hung up the phone, President called and wanted to talk to me. He told me that he had some bad news and that I would not be leaving on Monday like I was supposed to. Apparently Salt Lake messed up my passport and switched my name with someone else's, so they goofed up and I'm really not sure exactly how bad the goof up is. Either way, I'm back to not knowing when I'll be going to Brazil. So that was a huge blow to the gut when he told me that. It was extremely hard to get motivated to do anything on Saturday. But I eventually got moving again and I guess I'm still barely standing. So I know how excited yall were for me to go to Brazil this week, but as of now, I'll will be moved to the Vidor 3rd ward and I'll work with the Elders there. 

The rest of the week was just a blur after that. I hardly know what happened. I was really really bummed and I kinda still am. Especially since I just found out that a couple other people from my MTC district are leaving today and they were all "can't wait to see you in Rio!" and then all the emails from everybody with the same thing in them. But I did get your package. Thanks for the tie! I like it a lot. I've got some more pictures printed out that I need to mail home since I still can't email em. 

Hope yall start to feel better. And stay in school. and all that good stuff.

A good scripture that I read Saturday that seemed to help me out was Alma 17:10-12 It's about a prophet named Alma in the Book of Mormon. Him and the Sons of Mosiah had all been on missions among the wicked people called the Lamanites for many years, and they prayed to the Lord to allow them to stay strong I guess.

10. And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.
11. And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
12. And it came to pass that the hearts of the sons of Mosiah, and also those who were with them, took courage to go forth unto the Lamanites to declare unto them the word of God.

So that is what I am trying to do now. Just allow myself to be comforted and go and work, so that I can be a good example to all of someone who can do good things even when every fiber of his being is telling him just to give up and lay down somewhere and sleep, I know that once I really get over it, I'll be like Alma and the sons of Mosiah and take courage to forth unto my brethren here in Vidor and teach them some more. Until it really becomes my time to go to Brazil. If I ever make it there, as I sometimes feel might never happen. And ShucksDern! I was so close this time too!! 

But it's all good! Love Y'all and Mom, go yell at someone in Salt Lake for me please, and get this thing figured out quick, I know you're really good at that kind of thing! Thanks!

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment