Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 19, 2015 "And Another Week Bites the Dust"

Cabo Frio
January 19, 2015

Dear Family and Friends, 

And another one down. I have officially started my countdown. It's getting close to ending. The only reason that I know that I only have 137 more days until I get home is because yesterday started the doctrine and covenants reading challenge. You read a section a day starting at section 138 until your last day. But I prefer not to think too much about it. I have too much to do here in Rio still before I can go home.
 
This week was another long week of trials, they never seem to end, but I guess that is how we grow, right? We weren't able to achieve our goals and yesterday the church meeting was a long 3 hours without investigators there. Wow I felt so terrible without anybody new visiting the church, it was the first time that it has happened to me in a long time. We are struggling to work with the members here. They are great, but it seems like everyone is asleep and depressed. We talked with all the leadership in the ward yesterday about how we need the members' help in our work and we are going to wake them up and get them excited again to help us work. I was looking through the area book here this week in a moment of frustration, and I discovered that this area in the entire year of 2014 has only baptized 3 people. 3 people is ridiculously low. We are here to change that. And the change needs to happen this week because I am thirsty for baptisms.

It's getting really hot here lately. I am praying that it rains soon, just to cool off a little bit, and hide the sun for a few hours. Wow!

I'm doing fine besides being really tired all the time. I hope Madi has a happy birthday this week! And that Ethan does well on the ACT! And that everyone is happy and can do something to help the missionaries in your city. 

Love
Elder Evans



Sunset on the bridge to Rio

Churrasco for Elder Mantilla's bday


Us on a bench. 


SELFIE

No comments:

Post a Comment