Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 5, 2015 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cabo Frio
January 5, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,


Due to some other forms and things that I had to do during my email time today, my email will be a little short. I hope everyone had a great new years! It was crazy here in Cabo Frio. Everyone went to the beach every day this week and it was a challenging week to spread the gospel. Lots of partying and noise and everything, but we are managing for now.
 
This week is going to be a lot better. We have to do everything we can to work before Carnaval this year, which is February. Because this city is going to go into another week and half of party. There are people from all over Brasil here for the holidays.
 
Like I said, it was a hard week. We are both new to the area, and the last missionaries didn't leave much of anything for us to do, again. So instead of doing nothing, we practically knocked doors the entire week. It was hot too. I came home ever day this week dragging my feet because I was tired, and because there are better ways to work than knock doors. But with the new limitations of not being able to use our cell phone to call members or investigators, we were basically thrown here alone and told to make something happen. It's hard and at times frustrating because we don't see the results of our work yet, but I have faith that something good will happen. 

This week marks my 18 month mark! Today I only have exactly 5 months left here on the mission and time seems to be flying. We've also got interviews with President this Saturday and I have meetings in Rio this week.
 
Love to you all,
 
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment