Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bad News This Week(Just Kidding!!!)



It was nice to see all your emails this week! I had a lot to read! I'm just going to take care of some things before I get into the real meat of the email.
 
I did get my picture book on Wednesday night. So I got it and that's all done.
 
So my quad is starting to fall apart from excessive use and some age and humidity. We are going to the Temple on the 25th of this month and they have a distribution center there and I was wanting to buy a new quad, hopefully one of the small kinds too, so I don't know how much they cost, but I think somewhere around 50 bucks. If instead of you guys sending me something before I take off for Brazil, could you check to see how much those are and put that much or something close to it on my card so I can buy one and send mine home in a package? Thanks.
 
And that last point leads me into the bad news that I got on Wednesday night this last week. President Crawford called me and told me that I was leaving this mission. BECAUSE THEY GOT MY VISA IN! Haha so I leave onOctober 3rd! I'm going to end up finishing this transfer and I'll get to Rio in time to start their next transfer period! So in a little over 2 weeks I will be in Brazil! Talk about crazy! President made me promise him that I was going to work as hard as I can until then, and I am. We had an up and down week this last week. It felt like nothing was happening, we weren't getting in with very many people, we weren't able to teach very many lessons, and it all culminated into Saturday night where we all just kind of felt like garbage. But that didn't mean we worked any less hard. We tried our best to keep on going and then all of a sudden yesterday exploded. Two of our solid investigators came to church and we had a lesson with them afterwards, and we got a solid referral who we might be able to baptize in 2 weeks. That's the goal anyways. Two of our investigators are scheduled to be baptized on the 28th. And if everything goes well this week, which I think it will. We could be having 4 people being baptized on that day! It's exciting!
 
I went on my first exchange out of my area on Friday. I joined with an Elder Giles in Orange, TX for the day. It was pretty nice to get out of Vidor for a little while. But let me tell you, the people in Orange may have actual houses instead of just trailers, but they are just as crazy haha. I still love them, though, and it makes for an interesting day no matter what! We got trapped in this way less active 65 yr old  bikers house for an hour and a half because he had to show me everything that he owned basically haha. It was entertaining at least. And I'm pretty sure he was drunk too. So that was something. He had like 4 really old Harley Davidsons, a Jet boat, and a barn that he and his son built so that they could play Metallica on their guitars crazy loud. They had 7 huge amps along the wall and It was insane.
 
I know how badly you guys want really detailed info about every day this week, but it's all pretty boring. Besides that news and it being an iffy week until Sunday there's really not much else that happened.
 
But just be aware that the Lord is definitely there to help us out when we need it, but also there to allow us to struggle so that we can grow. For anybody who has ever said "why me?" when times started to get a little tough, or a lot tough, just know that all those experiences are for your good. It reminds me of DC 122 while Joseph Smith is at the Liberty Jail wondering the same question. Why should we think that we have it so hard, when we know that our Savior suffered for all of our pains and afflictions? It doesn't matter!! We just need to push on and plow through doing the things that the Lord wants us to do, and we will be blessed for it. God is in the details, look for him. Alma 37:6-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment