Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Last Full Week in Texas

Well, here starts my last week in Texas and my last full week in the United States. I thought I wouldn't like being reassigned, but I love it here. And to be honest, I would really love to stay here for another transfer. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Evans for the package that you sent me! And thank you Grandma and Grandpa Payne for the money for the new scriptures! It is all much appreciated! (The peanut bars are delicious like always)

So like I mentioned last week we could have had 4 baptisms this coming weekend, but we are actually going to only have 2. But that's fine because just yesterday and this morning actually we committed 3 more investigators to be baptized on October 19th! And all of these are for sure. The girl that we met yesterday is a friend of a member and works at a restaurant that we eat at. Actually it was the restaurant that we were at with Sister OToole when she sent you that picture! It's called James Brown's Gumbo House. But she came to church yesterday and we had a lesson with her right after and she was tearing up practically the whole time, and I got to be the one to recite the Joseph Smith History. Because that's how we roll here in THE Mission. When we are teaching the full Restoration, we memorize the JSH from verses 10 to 17. We skip the first part of his experience in the grove and go straight to I saw a pillar of light... But it was awesome yesterday! Most spirit filled lesson of my mission so far. Then this morning we had a lesson with two young girls who have been coming to church for a long time with their grandma, and it's a weird legal situation with divorced parents and we didn't know until the YW Pres. came up to us last sunday and was like "I've got a baptism for you!" haha. So we met the girls today and they are also going to be baptized on the 19th. Which is why I'm bummed that I'm not going to be here! But oh well.
I'm excited to go to the temple on Wednesday and I'm excited to get some new scriptures! That's awesome news about Ethan and Landon, and Madi it's good that your ACL isn't torn. Hope that heals quick. Keep finding guns in peoples bags bro. Hopefully it was one of those apostate Utah fans and not one of us righteous Cougars. Either way, make some bank and have fun learning mais portugues!
Love Yall!
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment