Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 2 in Texas



Hey everybody! Sorry no email came yesterday, the library was closed because of the holiday. And I found out that these computers don't allow me to send pictures at all, so I will print out the best pictures at the walmart and send physical copies as long as I am here.

Oh man what a week. I'll start with Tuesday. We ride our bikes everywhere to do our proselyting, and It has been flippin hot and humid here, and it smells like rotten animals and poop haha. It's still all good though. So one of the funniest stories of the week happened on Tuesday. We are teaching a man named R...... He lives in a trailer out here and he doesn't have a job or a car. He is a nice, funny man but he lives in humble circumstances for sure. So last friday he asked us if we knew anybody who could cut hair, and all three of us have and can cut our own hair so E Wright offered to do it for him. We brought clippers over to his house on Tuesday and Elder Wright cut his hair outside of his trailer. It was really funny to watch. They were both sooo nervous. I have a picture of it, but of course, I can't send it home.

Skipping to Thursday, we had a baptism! T.... was baptized that night. It is a cool story. He has been taught by missionaries basically his whole life, but has never been able to be baptized because of his fear of the water. He couldn't ever bring himself to get his face under water or even wet. Until this summer that is. He was able to work through it with a member in the ward, and get baptized. I have pictures from that as well. 

The rest of the week was pretty ordinary, just the same old tiring missionary work. Riding our bikes and teaching people. Sorry I can't include much in these emails. This dang library only gives you 30 minutes on the computer and I have to write my president and read all the emails that I got during the week as well. Just to let you know I did get my bag on that Friday

Hey something that I was thinking would be cool is if I could get one of the original replica Book of Mormons. They have them in the BYU bookstore. When you send me packages just send them to my address not the mission home. I get them like 4 weeks sooner.

Love y'all
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment