Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16 Training Week 2, Belleford Roxo

Truth is Light

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was great! We have been blessed with an awesome investigator who is progressing amazingly. Her name is C, and actually we started to teach her probably 6 weeks ago. She is the mom of another investigator that we have been teaching.  One day she came in the apartment as we were teaching him and she asked, Who is Mormon? What is that book that you gave to my son? I want to know more about it. Perfect! We can help! We taught her, gave her a book.    We hadn't seen her since and this past week we passed her on the street.  We stopped and I talked to her and she said hey, I started to read that book of Mormon, I'm almost to the chapter that you marked with me. She had read all of 1st and 2nd Nephi by herself and without us there to help her. Wow!   I invited her to church and she came with us. We taught her again after church and she has a baptismal date for July. She is awesome! 

We had to stay inside Thursday.  We found out that every day that Brasil plays we will have to stay home. It's boring, and I'm dying to watch a game or two. It's very hard to be here right now. But it's also an experience of a lifetime.


On a mission in Rio, and while the World Cup is in Brasil. Never would have guessed that.

Well, that's it for this week, I'll have more next week! Stay classy!
Love, Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment