Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, June 16, 2014

May 26 Another week "Na Baixada"

Dear Family and Friends,

One more week done already here in the baixada (bye-shada) fluminense (what they call this region of rio). Time has been flying lately for me. I'm quickly coming up on my one year mark here in July. Caramba. Sounds like it has been a good, busy week for all of you back at home. My week was pretty good. It didn't seem like much was accomplished but we did what we could.

This week the big news was that we had interviews with our mission President who starting in July will fully take over his responsiblilities as an area 70 for Brasil (He currently is working as both area 70 and mission president). I've got huge respect for President Lima. You can tell that he is incredibly inspired by the spirit and it seems as if he can look right through you into your spirit. Intimidating a little, but amazing because every bit of advice that he gives is exactly what you need to hear every time. Interviews were good for all of us in the zone. My comp got 4 packages delivered to him too, so that is nice for me as well! There is a funny story that goes along with those packages, but I'll explain later.

There was a fun thing that happened here in Rio this week that I'm sure will scare mom a little. On Wednesday there was a 24 hour police strike in the entire state! Zero policemen were on duty for the entire day and night! Crazy! Don't worry too much. We got sent home early before dark so that nothing bad could happen, but that was definitely a neat experience. You don't hear that too often, all the police stop working for a day AND announce it to everyone. They are protesting for more money because of the world cup, just like everyone else. It's starting to get crazy down here with the cup fever. I wish I could watch some games because nobody is going to be available to teach during any gameday. it'll be hard for sure. 

I ate blood sausage on Tuesday and 3 yr old pumpkin yesterday. Gotta love it!

Hope you all have a good week!
#Brasil #TheRioLife
#ElderEvans


No comments:

Post a Comment