Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

One year done, one year to go!

July 7, 2014

The Purple Belford

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!! You're my favorite mom in the whole world! Hope you had a good bday!

Happy 4th of July too! I hope all of you watched the fireworks and enjoyed barbecue and family and the lake and everything. We celebrated here by cooking some burgers and sausages with some Brasilan pudding. It was during the Brasil/Colombia game too. My companion was pretty sad to hear that his country lost.

Congrats Bradley and Carlie! I want a wedding invite even though I won't be able to go.

And Happy 1 year birthday to me. This week on Thursday I complete one year that I've been on my mission. Already. Time has flown by so fast, and now I only have one more to go. It's all downhill from here. It's been a great year that I have on my mission so far, but I'm working hard to make this last year even better. I'm confident that in this next year the Rio de Janeiro mission will be having greater and greater success as the Lord prepares this city to receive the Temple that was promised her.

This week was full of meetings and traveling. We got to meet our new mission president on Wednesday! He is amazing and exactly the person who needs to be leading this mission these next three pivotal years here in Rio. He is a really short man, but has a power beyond his stature. When he speaks you can feel the power of his voice, it was a pretty cool experience to meet him. Not to mention that he is a convert to the church, and within 1 year of being baptized he had already been bishop and stake president... He reminded me of Dwight Schrute from the episode of the Office that he gives the speech. President Cabral bangs on the pulpit, and waves his arms around and jumps and runs around and does everything to get his point across. "We are warriors! It is a privilege to fight!" he actually said something similar to this haha.

We are working hard to have a baptism here in Belford Roxo. Remember that woman C? She is preparing right now to be baptized this weekend. She has smoked all her life, but for the past two weeks has stopped besides for one or two cigs. If she can stop completely she can be baptized because besides that she is doing everything right. I'm excited to see the changes that the gospel makes in people's lives. I love being a missionary.

That's about all for this week. Tomorrow we get our pday because of the Brasil/Alemanha game.

Stay classy,
Elder Evans

The biggest LDS Church I've seen so far in Brazil.  Its in Freguesia, RJ.

Elder Montoya on game day!

 
USA, USA, USA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment