Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All in Português, Can you read it?

June 30, 2014

Oi família e amigos!

Hoje queria escrever meu email para vocês somente em Português. É uma coisa diferente e legal, espero que vocês entendam ou consigam traduzir as coisas que escrevo.

Primeiramente, muito obrigado por todos os emails que recebi hoje. Me lembraram de todo o amor que têm por mim, e também de todas as orações que fazem por mim diariamente. Realmente eu posso sentir o poder das orações em minha vida e trabalho, elas me ajudam que os dias não são tão bons como queremos. E também estou muito animado para receber meu pacote de vocês aqui em algumas semanas! Quero muito os doces americanos e sapatos novos!

Esta semana foi uma semana de pequenos milagres que resultaram em felicidade. Faz sentido? Deixa me explicar. Nossa missão tem um padrão de excelência de nosso indicadores-chave e nós temos que ensinar 12 lições com membro presente, 15 outras lições, e ter 20 novos pesquisadores semanalmente. Também ter 6 pessoas com data de batismo, 6 na igreja domingo, e 210 contatos na rua. Eu em minha missão nunca atingi esse padrão. É muito difícil, mas como foi ordenado por um servo de Deus, eu sei que é o que Deus quer feito em Rio. Então, como foi a última semana de Pres. Lima, eu queria muito atingir essas metas, e fazer o que é requerido de mim como um missionário. Nós nos esforçamos essa semana e por meio de pequenas bênçãos e milagres e a ajuda de nosso Pai Celestial atingimos o padrão por lições e novos. Eu senti muito feliz sabendo que quando temos fé, nós temos o poder de Deus em nossas vidas para fazer o que parece conveniente a Ele. 

Partes da semana foram difíceis. Eu estava doente com um resfriado muito ruim, meu companheiro também, tivemos dias em que nossos planos todos caíram e tinha nada a fazer, mas fomos dado a inspiração e ajuda para fazer e encontrar e ensinar as pessoas que Deus coloca em nossa frente. 

Eu amo a missão. Eu amo esta obra. E eu amo a oportunidade que tenho para ser o mensageiro por nosso Pai Celestial. 

Espero que todos tenham uma boa semana e desfrutem a Copa do Mundo!
Estados Unidos vai ganhar!

Com amor,
Elder Evans

ENGLISH TRANSLATION



Hi family and friends! 

Today I wanted to write my email to you only in Portuguese. It is a different and cool thing, I hope you understand or be able to translate what I write.

First, thanks for all the emails I received today. Reminded me of all the love you have for me, and also for all the prayers that do for me every day. I can really feel the power of prayer in my life and work, they help me that the days are not as good as we want. And I'm also very excited to receive my package from you here in a few weeks! Americans want very sweet and new shoes!

This week was a week of small miracles that resulted in happiness. Does it make sense? Let me explain. Our mission has a standard of excellence of our key indicators and we have to teach 12 lessons with a member present, 15 other lessons, and have 20 new researchers weekly. Also have 6 people with date of baptism, 6 in church Sunday, and 210 contacts on the street. I never hit my mission in this pattern. It is very difficult, but as was ordered by a servant of God, I know that is what God wants done in Rio So how was the last weekend of Pres. Lima, I really wanted to achieve these goals, and do what is required of me as a missionary. We strive this week and through small miracles and blessings and the help of our Heavenly Father reached the standard for lessons and new. I felt very happy knowing that when we have faith, we have the power of God in our lives to do what seems appropriate to Him

Parts of the week were tough. I was sick with a very bad cold, my partner also had days when our plans all fell and had nothing to do, but we were given the inspiration and help to make and find and teach people that God puts in front of us.

I love the mission. I love this work. And I love the opportunity I have to be the messenger for our Heavenly Father.

I hope everyone has a good week and enjoy the World Cup!
United States will win!

With love,
Elder Evans




No comments:

Post a Comment