Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

September 15, 2014 Arar-youwannagetbaptized?

Araruama
September 15, 2014


Hey family and friends!

I hope that you are all doing great still. It sounds like everyone is excited to go on vacation. Lucky. I get 8 hours off once a week. Pday is like a vacation. Except for busy ones like today where I have to get a haircut and wait at the post office for an hour to send a letter, and afterwards go home to lay on the floor in hunger because I don't have money to buy food, or anything. We have to spend at least 8 reais a day on the bus just to get to and from our area. besides that I have to do exchanges with everyone and pay a lot more money. And we are only getting 120 reais for 15 days. It'll be interesting to see how that works out because just on the bus rides we'll have to pay about 130 these next two weeks...

This week was good for the ward. My area this week was left a little untended though. I had to do exchanges with our ZLs in Rio das Ostras and it is far from Araruama. 2 hours on a bus that costs 20 reais. It's ridiculous. We lost a lot of time to work and it hurt us a little in the end. But we are going to recover quickly. But our ward with the 4 sets of missionaries brought plenty of people to church. And there are going to be several baptisms in the next two saturdays. It's really busy. A lot of baptismal interviews for me to do.

One cool thing that I've learned how to do really well here in Brasil is walk. Walk all day, walk everywhere, walk, walk, walk. We have an investigator preparing to be baptized and we had the challenge this past week to try to find her house without a map, car, or cell phone that works. We had the street name and a house number, and the name of the neighborhood. Doesn't sound like it would be "that" hard to do. And then you remember that you are in a rural area of Brasil where streets don't have signs, and houses don't have numbers, and noone knows the name of any other street besides the one they live on. It took 3 hours of walking on dirt roads completely lost to find the house. It was hot too. But on the up side, I don't think my calves have ever been so toned haha.

The changing of the seasons are coming on here. I'm preparing to lose another winter of my life, and prepping to start sweating a lot. It's only spring here and I'm already afraid of the sun.

Have fun on vacation! Enjoy life! Give a referral to the missionaries in your area!

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment