Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

September 8, 2014 Araruama is a Gold Mine

Zona Cabo Frio


Araruama
September 8, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, we had another baptism this last Saturday.  I'm frankly amazied at what is happening in this city.  It's a GOLD MINE!.  And we are finding and mining the golden investigators.  But in reality, they are finding us.  In the past 2 weeks I have had 3 people ask me if they can be baptized in the church.  It's exciting to take part.  I get excited just to walk on the streets of my area because people contact us an dask us if they can go to church.  I don't know what to do anymore because its so different than ever before. 

For example, last Thursday, we were walking to our lunch apointment.  We were pretty stressed out so we were walking fast and looking kinda down  (it was an incredibly stressful week).  We heard a woman calling us from the other side of the street.  She ran over and asked, " The Church is in Araruama?!  I thought the closest church was all the way in Cabo Frio?!  Where is the address and what are the meeting times and I'll be there!"  We talked for a few minutes about how she knw the church and go her info so we could call and pass her the church address (because we don't know the actual address of the church). 

Saturday after the baptism of L-, I talked to a member there to see if he could pass the address to P- the woman we met on the street.  He called her, and offered her a ride to church.  While she was at church yesterday she asked, " Can I be baptized, too?"  YES YOU CAN, HOW ABOUT THE 20TH??? It was a cool experience.  P- used to live in Rio and had investigated the church there.  But when she moved here, and wanted to go to church, it was too far to get to Cabo Frio. 

So that is the miracle of the week!  We are establishing Zion and the Kingdom of God here in Araruama.  We'll be having even more baptisms these next few weeks. My area is every Elder's dream!

I'm doing well.  I've been stressed, but I'm getting through it.  I'm excited to get another package.  I was happy to see all the pictures this week back at home and hope that everyone is doing fine and being happy. 

Love,
Elder Evans  

 
L and her Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment