Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

September 29, 2014 Araruama week 5. 1 more to go.

Araruama
September 29, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,


We are officially on the last week of this transfer. It feels like it flew by. This week was a very different week. We had zone conferences and we did an activity in my area with the whole zone, President and Sister Cabral, the APs and secretaries too. I'll get into that later.

The week started off slow for us. We honestly had very little time in our area to work. It was hard to start and we were having problems planning and working with the members. beyond that it was a busy week for me because my district is balling it up and baptizing everyone, so I have to take time out to do baptismal interviews and help the other elders with these baptisms. This ward has had baptisms weekly for the past 6 weeks, and it is going to continue that way. One of the baptisms that happened Saturday was of D-, a young man 21 years old that Elder de Medeiros and I found and started to teach while we were still in Cabo Frio. That made me happy because I had the chance to be there for almost all of it to help him make the huge changes in his life that he made. I played violin at his baptism too haha.

Zone conference was awesome. We learned a lot and it's always good to hear from President Cabral. He has got this fire inside of him that is just crazy. He jumps around and he bangs his hand on the pulpit and he yells, but with everything he says you can feel what he is saying.

The activity was awesome. We had 11 sets of missionaries to visit every single less active member on the ward list in Araruama. Also to find new investigators and teach everyone. I think I hit a personal record when we found 26 new investigators in one day. We have a busy week ahead of us to follow up with all of these people, but the work is moving along.

General conference is this week and I hope that everyone is going to watch it. It is my favorite weekend on the mission because I get the chance to renew my testimony and receive revelation from God through his authorized prophet and apostles here on Earth in these days.

I got my package, thanks for all that was in it!


Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment