Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 15, 2014 A missão Rio De Janeiro é só sucesso!

Rio das Ostras
December 15, 2014

Dear Family and Friends, 


A missão Rio De Janeiro é só sucesso. I'm doing well. I'm happy. I love my area, my comp, the people, the work. I have nothing to complain about lately. I hope that I never have to leave here.

This week our baptism fell through, but it's ok, she is getting baptized this Friday. G is the Bride from the wedding that we had last week. She had to travel to her home town becuase her sister is having a baby and she wasn't here to be baptized. She's been waiting for 4 years to be baptized, and this week the wait ends.

We also have been working with another man, L. He will be baptized the next weekend. He is super excited to change his life and be baptized in the church. He loves it. And we are enjoying working with him.

We had our Christmas conference in the mission this week. We went back to Rio AGAIN. But it was fun. The entire mission was there at the same time, and it was the first time in years that that has happened. We ate well. Got some presents and got taught even more. My packages hadn't arrived yet on Tuesday when we were there. There is a chance that I can get them this week. There should be a few missionaries in our zone going to Rio for a training, and they should be able to get them for me. I'm excited for Christmas!

Every week that goes by I enjoy myself more, and feel the importance of what I am doing here. I've seen the change in the spirits of the people that I've baptized and helped, and I live to see that change in everyone.

Our mission is going through an incredible period of change, and we are seeing and feeling the change that is taking place in all of us as we come unto Christ and work to bring others with us. We have a goal to baptize weekly. Every missionary is to have baptisms every week. I'm getting there, and it is the only thing that I want. Weekly baptisms. 

I'll see you all on Christmas (family) and the rest I'll see on June 6th, 2015 when I officially get home. (yeah, it moved again, but this time it's for good). Start planning my homecoming party. You've got less than 6 months! 

Love
Elder Evans





The Babilon Circus "The place of happy people" There ya go.

Have you ever seen that big stadium street in Rio where they do the carnaval samba parades? I got to walk down the entire length of the street. They normally don't let normal people enter. We are special.


The mission Christmas conference

Me with President and Sister Cabral

Me and my sweet bike skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment