Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 22, 2014 FELIZ NATAL TODO MUNDO!

Rio das Ostras
December 22, 2014

Dear Family and Friends, 



Merry Christmas to everyone! I love this time of year, and I love spending it as a missionary. We are feeling the love that all the members and our investigators have for us and we are serving as best as we can to help them. We have been blessed with success and we have nothing to complain about. 

I gave a talk at church yesterday. The thesis of my talk was basically this:
The true joy of Christmas can be found when we choose to live as Christ lived, when we follow his example, learn from his teachings, and feel the divine power of the Atonement working in our lives. 

I think it went well. I love giving talks at church. Such a difference from before my mission. I don't even get nervous.

We had another baptism this week! G, the bride from the wedding 2 weeks ago, was baptized on Friday! Elder Luque baptized her and I confirmed her. It was a very special baptism. And we brought another 10 investigators to the baptism and the christmas dinner afterwards. We are on fire. We will complete another family this Saturday with the baptism of J, and next week is L and the following week we have more. The area presidency wants us to baptize weekly, we'll baptize weekly.

I'm getting nervous for transfers that are going to be the 29th. I really really really really do not want to be transferred ever from here. I would be happy to stay here until the end. In the next few weeks my area is going to be split and we are going to form another branch in this stake. It's the most exciting thing ever for a missionary. 

I got my presents!!!! I haven't opened them yet! I am going to open them on Christmas, but they are tempting me hardcore... Elder Luque says thank you for the mini stocking and candies. When I opened the box and he saw the stocking with his name on it he got super happy. He is also one of my favorite companions, he is ALWAYS happy. ALWAYS. And we work super well as a team. He is teaching me a lot as a missionary.

Merry Christmas to all! I'll skype ya on Christmas!
Love Elder Evans





Minha árvore de Natal
O batismo de G

Elder Luque e eu e nossos presentes

No comments:

Post a Comment