Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

October 7, 2014 Better Late Than Never

Rio Das Ostras
October 7, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Well as you can tell, I didn't have a chance to email yesterday because of transfers. I was transferred again. I'm sad and happy at the same time, but way excited overall. 

So in this region I started off as DL trainer in Cabo Frio, was then moved to Araruama to open the branch there, and now I was moved within the same region again to the other ward that is going to join with Cabo Frio to create this stake. I am currently in Rio Das Ostras. And I was also made to be Zone Leader this transfer. Zone Leader of the Cabo Frio zone. haha. I think it's awesome that God put me here. I really had and still have a strong desire to help these wards split and turn into the stake that it needs to be. Really my prayers have been answered ever since I've gotten to Cabo Frio to be able to stay here and do my best to help this stake. 

What's fun is that while I've stayed here, I've also been transferred a few different times within the same zone and wards. President made me the zone leader leader without any zone leader experience before too. I don't know why, but I'm excited to learn with my new companion, Elder G. Call from Loveland, Colorado. Elder Call was my zone leader in Nova Iguaçu, and he was also serving in Araruama these last 2 transfers with me. And now we are comps! He has one more transfer than me on the mission.

Well, this last week we saw miracles happen at General Conference! The missionaries in my district baptized a family of 5 and another man. All because of the spirit that they felt at conference.

Testifico que temos profetas hoje em dia, e eles são homens inspirados por Deus para ajudar todos nós. Eu amo esta Igreja, pois é a Igreja de Cristo, a única verdadeira. 

Conference was awesome and I'm happy to be here on my mission. I know for sure that God answers our prayers and that I am in the place that I need to be and doing exactly what I need to be doing.

Have a good week. Go Royals.


Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment