Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 10, 2014 Happy one year in Brazil to me!

Rio Das Ostras
November 10, 2014

Dear Family and Friends, 

The weeks are going by faster and faster, and the end is drawing near. This week right now will mark exactly one year that I have been in Brasil. November 12th. It feels like I've been here for a lot longer already, but at the same time I remember getting here just like it was last week. On the 10th I make one year and 4 months and then I have exactly 7 months left to go. I found out recently that it's confirmed, I'm going home on June 10th. But there is still a ton of work for me to do here.

This last week was a great week. We really were able to get our zone to feel the spirit of missionary work. The Lord is accelerating His work and we have to keep up. Every area in our zone was going after baptisms and reactivation's like never before. At the start of the week the zone started with no one to be baptized this Saturday. We were able to get three. Which is alright for the 6 area zone that we have. We were actually ranked number one in number of baptisms in the mission for the month of October. Elder Call and I are happy about that. We are working nonstop to get things going.

In our area we were having some difficulties with some people, but after a lot of prayer and fasting everything just kind of seemed to resolve itself and almost all of our investigators are progressing really well. We both really want to stay together in our area for the next transfer. It will be transfer of Christmas, we are going to have several baptisms in the next month too. Transfers are next Monday, so I'm hoping we get to stay. It would be the best present that President could give us. I want to help the people in this area.

I have a request for everyone! I've got a special Book of Mormon that I'm marking up right now and I want to know everyone's favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon. Send it to me as quick as you can! Mine is in 2 Nephi 4:16 to the end. I want to hear yours!

I don't have too much more time. I'm downtown in Rio today for p-day because of a meeting we are going to have, so I've got to go see the sights and buy some things! I hope everyone is doing well. 


Elder Evans



No comments:

Post a Comment