Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 20, 2014 SO TIRED....

Rio Das Ostras
November 20, 2014

Dear Family and Friends, 


I want to know how someone can catch a cold when it's sooo dang hot outside. I think this is my body telling me that it wants a break. I'm stuffed up and got a runny nose, but i'm surviving for now.

This week was good. We have some awesome news! On the 29th we are going to have 5 baptisms! We've been working with Simone and her kids so that they can prepare to be baptized, and they have been coming to church for more than a month now, and we were able to remark their baptism for this saturday. I'm super excited because I know that baptism and becoming members of the church are going to help this family in all the ways that they are needing. They are a very humble, but a very loving and united family.
We are also going to baptize the 9 year old son of a woman that we reactivated last transfer. And on top of that we have other baptisms for the following weeks of the transfer too.

Saturday we went to Alcântara, Elder Luque's old area, so that he could baptize an investigator there. It took all day to get there and come back. Alcântara is where I met Elder Braun for the first time, I had already been there several times about a year ago for exchanges and activities. It was crazy to be back in a place that I haven't seen for a year and to think about all that has happened since. I got to talk with a family there that I got to know pretty well back when I was in Maricá. It was good. But it really hurt my wallet. Which after all the times that I've had to go back and forth in between Rio and here I sit here left with 90 cents. I'm waiting for a lot of money in reimbursements from the office, but I'll probably have to go until Friday without money.
Elder Siebers is in alcântara!

Not much else happened this week. But we are going to have a lot more happening the next couple. I'm going to be in Rio for another 2 days on December 2 and 3, we have mission counsel and a mission tour with Elder Aidukaitis from the area presidency of Brasil. It should be interesting. And more baptisms! I'm going to try to get better quick. But our water ran out again today and I don't have anything to relieve the symptoms of a full sinus. It's all part of life.


Until next week

Elder Evans


S- and Family


Kittens are cool~




No comments:

Post a Comment