Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

February 10, 2015 Happy Birthday Pops!

Vila São Luis
February 10, 2015




Happy birthday tomorrow dad! You're the best dad ever! Hittin the big ol 50, wooooo!

My email may be a little bit short as of the time and the transfers and the everything today. As I had already advised mom, I was transferred yesterday. It was a little bit sad to leave the region and the zone that I have spent so much time in and worked so hard to be able to help the growth that is happening there. But now I get a new start here in (drumrolllllllllllllllllll) The Rio De Janeiro Zone! I'm zone leader here in the Rio Zone, which is kind of falsely named because it's not in the City, but whatevs. 

My new area is called Vila São Luis, it's a few neighborhoods in the city of Duque de Caxias. It's seems like a good place to work. It's the smallest area that I have ever gotten. It'll be nice to not have to walk miles and miles to get to places. My new companion is Elder Cardoso. He is Brasilian from Rio Grande do Sul. I am training him. This is now my fourth time training, and second time training at the same time as being a zone leader. He is 20 years old and is a nice guy. He is a lot different than my last companions, he is more serious and quiet, but he likes to work hard and we are going to for sure. 

I can see the big city from the front of my house. I can see Cristo and the pão de açúcar! This is the closest I have ever served to Rio. I'm happy to be here and I really want to help this ward grow. I'm a little stressed, as always at the beginning of a new transfer in a new house with a new companion and in an area that I don't know, but I think that it will pass by the next week. It doesn't help that we don't get pday on transfer week.

Carnaval starts this weekend! This year we are going to be working in Carnaval. If I was still in Cabo Frio I'd be at home the whole time, but here there isn't any beach or real problems. We are going to leave home in the morning a little earlier every day starting on thursday and get home at 6 pm every night instead of 9. But when we get home we have to study. It seems to me that this year carnaval is going to be nothing for me here, nothing like Gay parades and the crazy parties of last carnaval haha. I hope. 

I wish all a good week and a good carnaval! Another happy birthday to big papi! and keep sending your prayers this way so I can baptize like crazy these last 3 transfers! I'm getting close to the end and I need to baptize another thousand people at least!!

Love, 

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment