Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Vila São Luis
March 10, 2015

Dear Family and Friends, 

To answer your question Mom, departing missionaries get to go to Cristo and have a pday in the city on the last week of their mission. We have a self sufficiency class, and a testimony/last supper with President before we all go to the airport and fly out.

The ward is starting to move, they were all pretty stopped with the missionary work. It sounds like there is going to be a new bishop getting called here this Sunday, so everyone has been just waiting around to hear who its going to be. As of yet we haven't been having any activities. The church building is in another area and we can't be going to it all the time, or work close by. But we are planning small activities to do here in members' houses. We should be starting this week. This ward is a little complicated. The members are great, but it seems like everyone is just tired.

We are teaching a few people. Our most excited and progressing investigators are B and V. They have been coming to church since I've gotten here in the area, but they aren't legally married, that's why they haven't been baptized yet. The marriage process is long here, so we are hoping that everything will be ready for them to get hitched by the end of this month or early in April.

Just pray for me that I can finish out my mission strong and that everything goes well for me here and when I get home. It's getting stressful knowing that I'm going to be finishing my mission so soon. I don't know if I'm ready to end, but at the same time I'm excited to get home.

My comp is a good guy, but he's complicated.But I've been helping him as much as I can to calm down and not be as trunky as he is.  It's getting better. 

I didn't have a cell phone because some other elders gotten robbed and we let them borrow ours for the time. I got it back last week. 

Love, 
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment