Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Vila São Luis
February 23, 2015

Dear Family and Friends, 



Well... This weekend has been an adventure... 

I had to go to the office on Saturday to bring a couple boxes of materials that they were needing from here in the stake. We left after a baptism that the other elders had and we arrived home at about 3pm. After this we got a call from president saying that we had to go to another area in our zone to baptize a few people for the sisters. People that had decided that they didn't want to be baptized this week. Only my comp knew how to get to the area, so we did an exchange and I ended up staying here working with the other elder. We left our house to work, after I had eaten some lunch, just before 4pm. We went to go teach some people that lived close to home. 

After 2 appointments we were passing in front of our house and I needed to use the bathroom so we went in. And to our surprise the door was unlocked. I had the keys with me and I had locked the door when we had left. We thought it was a little weird. But because everything was seemingly in its place, and we don't have a cell phone anymore, we left and continued on with the night. My comp for the day, the other american, realized that his money was missing, and so were his basketball shorts. And shortly after, I was looking for my camera, and couldn't find it. Long story short. Somebody got into our house and stole just my camera with all the photos and videos of my entire mission with it, and the 70 reais and shorts of the other elder. How dumb is that?!! 

So don't worry about my safety or anything. We talked with the police and the landlord and president and we already changed the locks and keys and everything, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to send any photos this week or for the rest of my mission because I don't have the memory cards or a camera anymore.... I'm pretty frustrated because I lost so many photos, the camera doesn't matter to me, but I'm ok about it too. Heavenly Father is really good at justice, and I'm sure it's not cool in the end for those who do bad things to representatives of Jesus Christ.

Besides getting robbed again, we had a good week. The mission baptized this month, in 3 weeks, with Carnaval, 94 people. Which is getting better every month. Our goal the last 3 months has been 100 and each time we get closer. March is going to be the month that we reach more than our goal. Just for my birthday!

I hope all are doing well. Don't worry about me. I am doing great!

Love
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment