Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Vila São Luis
March 2, 2015

Dear Family & Friends, 

Well yeah, this week was a fun week. I didn't get any news on my camera. I don't ever expect to see it again. I'm good though.

To answer for the title, we had a baptism this Saturday. P- was baptized. He is a nephew of a member, we have been teaching his parents, who aren't legally married, but after hearing our message and going to church like they have for the last 4 weeks straight they are going marry in the end of march. The family is awesome. I love the chance that we get to teach them. Ever heard the phrase "Golden Investigator"? But back to the baptism. We were there at the church for the baptism at 7pm. At 6:45 there was a power outage in the city and it took out the power of the church!! But I'm not going to let that stop a baptism from happening on the day and hour that it was marked. There was a bunch of members there and we did the baptism under the light of Cell phones. It was a great baptism. I have a pic, but cant send it today.

Besides that, the week was mostly uneventful. this week we are going to hopefully baptize 2 more people, if not 3. The end is near, but the work never stops.

Love,
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment