Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Friday, August 29, 2014

August 26, 2014 CHANGES!

August 26, 2014
Cabo Frio

Dear Family and Friends,


Every week there's something new going on here in Rio. This time it was transfers!
 
Let me explain what happened. So I was serving in Cabo Frio. The ward in Cabo Frio has 4 sets of missionaries that work in it's boundaries (because it's masssssssive). There were 2 sets in Cabo Frio, 1 set in the city São Pedro da Aldeia, and 1 in Araruama. We are working in this ward to create a stake out of our ward and one other ward here. By December, if we have the progress that we need, we could start all of this process by splitting the stake and turning Cabo Frio into a district. It's a little complicated with all the numbers and stuff, but it's all very exciting to be taking a part of. Like I said, I was in Cabo Frio, but we had transfers yesterday.
 
Me and my companion were both transferred... To a different area in the same ward. haha. We are now a second set of missionaries in Araruama. Within the next 3 months Araruama will be turning into a branch. There is a group of people that meet together for a sacrament meeting there, but it's not an official church unit yet. President Cabral sent us two along with other 2 elders to go and start a branch here. Lot's of responsability!  We have to baptize and reactivate a bunch of people. And we are going to do it. I'm still training my comp and I'm still District Leader here. 

It was fun because I had to bring my suitcases 4 hours from here on 2 different buses to get to the transfer meeting, and come back the same way to literally the same place. I moved houses though, I am currently living in São Pedro in a sweet apartment, until we find a house to live in in Araruama. There are 6 elders living in the same house. We only have 1 bathroom too. We need to find that other house.

I'm excited to continue the work here. And I'm really glad that I didn't get transferred out of this region and ward because I love it here. Almost all of my time here in Brasil has been spent on this side of the state and it's so much better. My new area in Araruama borders my first area here in Brasil, Maricá. I guess I was destined to serve near the beach. No complaints!!

 
I hope all of you are doing well.


Tchau,

Elder Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment