Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Is it just me, or is it getting HOTTER?

August 4, 2014
Cabo Frio, Brazil

Howdy!

All is good here in Cape Cold. Except that I feel like the "cold" is starting to be a lie. The sun out here on the coast is unbearable at times. Here you can get sunburnt through anything. Even a winter coat. I'm starting to turn red again. But all's well.

We had a hard week, to be completely honest and optimistic. It was rough! It seems like nothing was going well for us. None of the contacts that we did went anywhere, all of the doors that we knocked got shut on us, and most of the appointments with investigators and members alike fell through. It is hard to not get discouraged and stressed out about how things turn out sometimes, but we kept working the whole week until the end and at least we feel better for having done so. It's hard to be a missionary. Things don't work out how you want them too. You do all the things that you should, and try all the different ideas that you can think of, and at the end of the week, it seems like nothing was done at all. But I feel like it's those weeks that are the ones that count. They're the occasional tests that God sees fit to give us. Blessings come after the tests. 

We had a hard week, but we had fun. We are teaching an English Class every Saturday here at the church, the ward is getting super involved in the work here, and I'm playing violin at church too. Violin is definitely not as good as Viola, but I miss music so I endure. 

What else is there to update? I still haven't gotten the package. I'll get it at interviews, which were supposed to be last week, then today, but got rescheduled for a third time and we don't know now when. I'm dying for the new shoes and candy!

I'm going to be putting together a package to send home to you guys here in a the next few weeks. I'll send home some things that I don't need to be carrying around with me here and if you want a present, let me know what I can buy for you!

Love you all, the church is true, the book is blue,
Elder Evans

My district. We are all serving in the same ward. Our ward mission leader and Bishop are in this pic too.

My second Son. Elder de Medeiros

Nun chucks that we found in the house. Weird, since sisters lived here before us...

A bar that I passed the other day. I had to get a picture. #BombaFC haha

Americans on United States Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment