Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Friday, May 8, 2015

April 27, 2015 This week was INSANE!

April 27, 2015
Anil, Jacarepaguá

Dear Family and Friends,


This week was INSANE

Not much out of the normal happened this week. The biggest news is that my comp and I have started to do Insanity, the exercise program. We are now on our second week. It is going great. I'm sore and my muscles are tired, but it is getting me excited and making me feel great. We'll see what kind of miracles it will cause in the next 40 days.

This week was really just a normal week of teaching and trying to help people. I felt a little unorganized this week. It seemed like most of what we were planning on doing didn't ever happen. It left me feeling frustrated with our plans and with some of the people that set lessons, or lunch, or visits with us and then just never show up. These things happened a few times this week.

 
Church on Sunday was also pretty hard again. There is something wrong in our ward, at least that what it seems like. The attendance has been pretty low for the past 3 weeks. Nobody knows what is going on. I am wanting to see this ward grow. We have the largest chapel in the state of Rio, and our ward had only 55 people at church. We fit in less than half of the sacrament room.  This week we are going to see what we can do to bring more people back to church.


I found out that our mission baptized 108 people in April. This is our record so far in the last 2 years. March and April were the first two months that Rio has baptized more than 100 since before I was here. Everyone is excited about the dramastic changes that our mission has made in the last few months.

Next monday is the start of my last transfer! There is still a chance that I get transferred to another area for my last 4 weeks. I'll find out this weekend what is going to happen to me. Ilet you all know next week! And I'll let you know about mothers day when I know where I'm going to be next week!
 
Have a good week and keep the commandments!

 

Elder Evans

Monkies are everywhere!

 


Two Elders Going Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment