Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8, 2015 Dreams DO Come True!

May 8, 2015
Rio das Ostras

Dear Family and Friends,


Today is the first day of the last transfer of my mission. I was transferred from Anil. I guess I was destined to travel all over this mission. I got transferred like every transfer. But things are all good. The place of my death (missionary term for where I will finish my mission) is..........
Rio Das Ostras!!! I came back to the same area! Well, I'm in the other side of the area now, but I always dreamed of coming back to this area. It was the area that I liked the most out of all, and I got to come back to visit and work for another 4 weeks.
 
It is a strange feeling to be starting my last transfer. To know that in exactly one month from today I will be getting on an airplane and flying home, leaving all of this behind. The thought is actually making me sad, sometimes I don't feel like I'm ready for my mission to end. There is still a lot left to do.
 
Mom asked me to give a low down on what I expect to complete these last 4 weeks that I have. I expect to make every second count. To have the best transfer of my mission. I still have more personal goals to complete and work on. I want to baptize every week, and I want to be able to get onto the bus my last day here leaving this area and going to the office with a smile on my face and knowing that I did what God sent me here to do. I have a special love for this city, for the people here. I always knew and felt that the Cabo Frio zone was where I was meant to be.
 
It was sad to leave Anil too. I was there for a short time only, but it was enough to make friends and to help several people. 

 
Last night I was able to surprise J, the man that I baptized here the week of Christmas. He almost died from a heart attack when he saw me. He is super strong in the Gospel! He has an incredible testimony and he is just awesome! Him and his wife were super happy that I was able to come back and see them before I finish. I was able to feel why I'm here doing this work.
 
The happiness that comes from seeing how much people can change just because of the gospel and a few lessons learned, is too great. I love my mission, and I'm determined to finish happy and strong. And excited to see all of you again to start the next chapter of life.

 
Elder Evans



No comments:

Post a Comment