Elder Alex Evans has been called to the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission. He reports on July 10th, 2013, and will serve for a period of two years.

Monday, May 18, 2015

May 11, 2015 T - 3 weeks and counting.

May 4, 2015
Rio Das Ostras

Dear Famiily and Friends
 
I am getting so close! It still doesn't even feel real! At least some times it doesn't. After Skyping yesterday for Mother's day I feel a little bit closer to being home than before. It's a weird feeling to be finishing the mission.
 
Today is one of my last pdays on my mission and it just seems like yesterday that I was getting to Brasil and didn't understand a single thing in Portuguese, but now I have difficulty speaking english. It's all so confusing, but that's mission life for ya.
 
This week was a little low on results. We are re-opening this area because it was white washed. We tried the whole week to get in contact to be able to find and teach the investigators that the previous missionaries were teaching, we had a lot of hard times trying to get a hold of all of them. But it was also Mother's Day yesterday, so almost nobody went to church. A cool thing was that I got to see most of my recent converts from the first time that I was in this area.

 
We have plans to do a lot of work this week. I want to baptize and bring tons of people to church. I'm going to have to go to Rio tonight for meetings tomorrow, and I'll probably get back here late tomorrow night. I'm not too happy and  I'm tired of doing this trip back and forth. I spend a lot of money and waste a lot of time on the bus. But President commands, we obey.
 
I don't have much to say this week, most was spoken yesterday. It was good to be able to see ya'll and know that things are normal.
 
Keep planning my parade and homecoming festival haha. Until next week!

Love,

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment